. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Wedding Vows of Lucian

Saturday, August 26, 2023

The Wedding Vows of Lucian

(A lone voice whispers.)




Bind me not to only love

But to true divine friendship


Bind me not to only love

But to the warmth of our wet hungry lips


First thing in the morning

And last thing at midnight


Bind me not to your words to embrace


But to the sweet tranquil noise of two crashing hips


Bind me not to a life of emotional slavery

But to the core of your very soul


Bind me to place

To live 


Inside 

Forever


A place no one

Else


Will ever know


My words to you 

My love


Bind me instead to the bow of your immortal ship


For we can then

Sail together


Into the everlasting

Sunset


And make a home

In a serene place


When our time

Comes


Only those bound

In spiritual wedlock


Can ever go


To hold hands 

To walk 


Barefoot through the falling

Heavenly snow


So don't just bind

Me to a golden ring


Bind me to your

Everything


So standing

In a circle of true love


Our twin's souls

Can sing


And be unified

For we both


Were never locked together 

By the long reach


Of bondage 

Linked to mortal sin


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

The Eulogy Letter