. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Vibrations in The Ether

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Vibrations in The Ether

 Hey

You


I still dream of

Talking


While walking

Admiring some view


Don't need money

Where I wanna take you


For love

Is free


When you're 

With me 


Just gets expensive

When others

Step in 


Mary Jo


How can I tell you 

I'ma sorry 

I hurt you


But love ain't easy

Never thought you'd 

Disappear but


Father Tia

Says


Give her a while

Bobby Mac


That girl needs some me moments


Then she'll be back

Laughing and smiling 


In no time 


But it's been ten hard years 


Jo


So I'ma leaving this note

Here on your bed


At your Aunt Jemima's 


If you come back

Ring me on


0453

223844


So we can carry on

Like before


Father Tia

Might be a man of the cloth


But Mary Jo

You have to know


I miss you so much


Never thought I'd fall so hard


But ten years

And I'm still whining and pining


Pick up that phone 

Our boy


Jack misses you

Xxx


(C)

Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

The Calling