. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Rebirth

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Rebirth


 Foundation of the piece.


Even though you rebuild, do ghosts of old relationships, still haunt you?

Title:


Rebirth


(A lone voice whispers)


We left each other 

So suddenly 

So long ago


For I was too strong not

weak 

To turn the other cheek

After you cheated


I've now climbed over life's many hurdles


Manifested by the paranormal 


In good old New York 


And so I'm glad we parted with weary hearts


And crushed dreams


That caused us so much anxiety 


Somewhere so deep

That Morpheus The Greek


Couldn't tempt us 

To sleep


For as

Time flew by 


Happiness returned

Like a birthday gift from 

The Most High


But now 

Deep down inside


I still crave silently to weep 

And 

Cry


Broken each second

Just a little bit more


Tiredness 

Creeping up relentlessly


And causing me dark dreams 


To cross forbidden thresholds and reopening old 


Once closed doors


Left by life with you and its wealth of tragic wars


And all the sad moments 

You can never prepare for


But still I'll rise

Like the early morning 

Sunrise


No longer 

Lost 


Looking for something so incredible

 

That's so irreplaceable

Which I now know is unachievable 

 

So I'll move on

Starting tonight

Like all the other strong women


Knowing

As I pray before 

I start a new day


Two wrongs

Can never make it right 


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


#poetry

#relationships


 



No comments:

The Monologue of Jabari