. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Lost Love Reborn

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Lost Love Reborn



Does emotional poetry

whistle a song your emotions slow dance to?


My Saturday post.

Salute.


Title:


Lost Love Reborn


(A lone voice whispers)



I can only hope you answer so eloquently

as I patiently wait


With bated breath


For answers to my deep-seated questions


Once asked in my dark shaded sleep


For your old messages and beloved memories

are still in my old seahorse-shaped

gun


My old faithful 

Hippocampus


To shoot irreplaceable bullets of us 


To help dispel the oncoming darkness


And our softly whispered wishes


Are still my alabaster white altar


I kneel nightly to pray upon

And weep 


What tomorrow holds as it slowly unfolds 


As Barred Owls

Hidden in trees 

Sing


Who-cooks-for-you


And Northern Mockingbirds


Ritual early morning songs are sung


By unseen omnipotent pagan Old Gods 


Who deem themes to be our preordained fates


Just know I will always wait 


By the Red Churches wrought iron old gates


Where I now belong 


For even 

Fairy tales coming true seem so distant


And out of reach 


Only to be found on King Aeetes of Colchis

Beaches 


Like by those on a mythical quest like Greek heroes


I know 

Your heart may have been broken


As it once lovingly swallowed


Loves enchanting red potions


The questions I ask 

Are simply these


Can we stay together in this quiet moment


As we grieve


For lonely souls like us

That have walked through loves red mists 


From dawn

To dusk


And now lay filled with disappointments and distrust 


Can we once again be reinvigorated


To once more explore knee-deep into the quagmires 


Of deep uncertainty


Illuminated by the flames of Aphrodisiac's red fire


And still take all the risks that may come


Even though others may question our choices and dark desires


Is there hidden 


In those seconds minutes and hours


Weeks and months and even years


A piece of opaque respite full of inspired prose and overwhelming wet invisible tears


In the quest for an endless red kiss


Is this montage but a sensuously crafted piece


To create a brief emotional distraction


To elicit vibrations

Of a mysterious place


Where lost souls meet

Under a poetic umbrella 


In peace


Societies invisible souls who now

No one will miss


In the mythical red room 


Featured with a blazing fire


Red wine and white candles 

That await two


To start conversations of introduction 

Soon


As winds of a previous lost existence 


Swirls and the eyes of jealous


Stay hidden


Forbidden in

Carefully camouflaged red mists


Does your silkened mind still crave some of my thoughts of the divine


If answers within your indulgent mind still seeks more and whispers 


Yes


Then read these poignant words when you are weak


For I can confess 

With candid heart


And willing soul until the day when I eventually disappear 


And we are truly

Apart


When I grow old


That I desire to know those answers


Be they sung

In love songs


New letters

Or handwritten stanzas


Your soulmate

Frabrato 


The eternal chancer

©

John Duffy 

No comments:

The Calling