. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Monologue of the Survivor

Friday, May 10, 2024

The Monologue of the Survivor


 A piece for those trying to smile 


While walking 

The longest of miles 


Does it resonate?

Salute.


Title:

 

The Monologue of the Survivor 


(A lone voice whispers)



I have loved my life


Called it a thousand names

As I fought through pain


All its gifts are mine


They all reside deep inside


For

I'm illuminated


I feel everything around and within me


Even when I’m defeated

I feel sacred


I bathe in the perpetual glow

Of a glorious sun


But no matter how far I wonder

No matter how far I run


My inner sun

Holds treasures for the soul


The more I give

The more I feel whole


Although I change

Physically

Every seven years


I'm indomitable


I study the splendour of my life

I celebrate the joys and pains


For my faith

Is formidable


Stranded to rhythms and

outrageous patterns of chaos


I materialize to create my own cosmos


With

Divine symmetry


Between my powers

Of inspiration and sensation


This wild life is simply my own seance


I desire the paths I walk


The side roads

Streets and byroads


Filled with newer experiences and faces


Thrill me


I offer compassionate and benevolence

To all in need


I control the Achilles' heels

Within my world


For its fears

Are irrelevant


I celebrate in the curative power of pleasure


I satisfy my hunger within its revered well


I initiate the deep free dive


To impenetrable depths

To find my blazing strength


Flowing from my crux to create new worlds


As my guardian angels wept


Love and Laughter 

Elevate me


I hail from paradise to create my sanctuary


To pay tribute to my true spirit


For its inner beauty is beyond compare


Writing

Poetry

Singing and smiling


For

I'm an original

Simply surviving


Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

The Calling