. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Apostle of Sin. Seeking freedom.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

The Apostle of Sin. Seeking freedom.


 


The Apostle of Sin. Seeking freedom.


(A lone voice whispers)



Watching that old world burn

I once knew


Through my rust 

Encrusted  blue

Scrying 

Mirror 


My blood 

If I had any 


Would be green with potent Invidia's envy 


For when I see couples happy 


Strolling

Hand in hand


A baptism of souls meeting


The lividity in me burns 

So slow 


Like an inquisitor's cruel act of Abacination 


Surrounding me within a lone cloud of Darkness and Desolation itself


From the 9 Circles of Hell 


And with a long night of

Squeals of demonic delights 


Ahead


A legion of guttural voices singing out and yelling 


Like a young Beniamino Gigli


Under meager skies 

Chanting dark spells 


I now know this place 

I'm in 


Resembles Hell 


A heavy breathing jealous consciousness 


Where the heartbroken live within 


Especially us 

The Canti


Baptized to grieve 

In The Golden Church of Flagellation


Through acts of Self-immolation 


Caused by the dark temptations of sin


A slow evisceration

A destruction in which there is no love 

Left 


But only green envy


This is the heavy price I now pay 


In Purgatory 

Now I've gained entry


With my eyes remaining forever open 

For I no longer sleep


With my soul praying to break free 


Now just cursed 

To just pray and weep

With frenzy


She doesn't forget me 


But remembers

No one alive is pure 


For we are all born 

To be slowly corrupted by love 


In any form


For no one is one hundred percent 

An Innocenti 


For even you 

Beyond the sacred shores 


Of The Ferryman of Hades 

River


You'll sin too

Seeking a place 

To be moored


It's not an accusation but a confession 


And it's why I speak 


Hoping to gain resurrection


For I still

Miss her


My first immature love from school 


When I lived in

Lumpur


(C)

Copyright John Duffy

Image shared under fair usage policy.

 

No comments:

Peace