. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Cursed Writer

Sunday, June 16, 2024

The Cursed Writer

Am I cursed like Orpheus?


To just wander through life

Wasting my time


Cursed by the three crones to now write rhymes 


 For just you


 For only

Two invisible pennies

 Or dimes


 Because my Goddess 


 Divine 

 Has called

 In all my sins


 With this as punishment 


 For all my eternal crimes

 Every night

 Or at the break of morning 


 I'm now doomed

To write


 Sometimes 

 In darkness 


 Sometimes in light

 Writing for my soul


 For my freedom 

 To really see


Unlocking old mysteries

Within me 


Using secretive newly found keys 

To mysterious occult doors


To traverse through 

My inner kingdoms

As I now speak to you


The silent viewers


Hiding cleverly amongst life's many moors


 Hidden in the vastness of 

 The Universe 


Or simply forgotten kin

 Or quiet fallen watchers 


 Parading silently

 Through my paradigms of words or simply perusing 


 In my inspired biosphere 


 Am I but one of the many cursed


 To walk at the front or simply following


 Coerced beyond belief 

 To seek continuous relief


Is that why I always now write


For sleep doesn't come easy 

Walking these precarious tightropes


At midnight


Filled with such unknown delicious 

And sometimes devilish 

Mysteries 


 Now cast me

 My two invisible pennies 

 Or dimes


 As I serve my penance 

For my earthly crimes 


 For my otherworldly experiences as you read

With unrestrained greed


For all our crimes 

Are to be judged by our own Head Watchman 


Our own judge and jury

When it's our time


And it’s why I now saunter through life


Perpetually seeking salvation to be un-dammed


Before I meet

The Tall Man 


Copyright John Duffy

No comments:

Peace