. Poetry from The Great In-Between: A Stranger in a Strange Land

Friday, July 5, 2024

A Stranger in a Strange Land

 Title:


A Stranger in a Strange Land


(A lone voice whispers)


I once walked like a yearning Robert A. Heinlein


A Stranger in a Strange Land 

Into drifting clouds of blue smoke


In The Dangerous Off-Limits Zone


In the deserted Lands of Kem


That would make any mortal die or choke


In search of deep prose

Clutching my grandfather's old pen 


Like a lone messenger from The Pulsars


Sent from so far 

To find inspiration


To write a transcript of humanities development and extraterrestrial intervention


Stories of the Hopi


That linked the Lemurians to The Dogon and The Atlanteans


And then I met you

Sigma 8


My first contact from The Secret Circle of Nine


The true queen of all things between us


A shining star

From the very stately


Proxima Centauri


A Starchild once spoken of in The Lost Chapters of Enoch


The Shadow Walker between the Lost Moons of all Solar Systems


The bright thunderbolt of unspoken Gods


Who always were


A universal force worshipped in all secret underground kingdoms


If only they knew


Then you stole the centre of my aura


My heavenly bestowed light


That wonderful night 

When you let me undress your body and soul


By taking off your sparkling diamond-encrusted tiara


So here I am again

Looking for you

My love 


In these lost Lands of Kem


Walking the lonely desert Nexus Line 


By the flowing fast twin on rivers of The Sacred Kolbrin


Waiting to see

If it's you 


I see in the distance 


While these primordial wild dogs before me


Stalking me 

In the bushes

Scavenging for food 


Pine


Praying inwardly

That the Universe once again brings me


You

Sigma 8


The Shadow Walker

From Alpha Centauri's 

Triple star system


In the southern constellation of Centaurus


As these dark clouds whisper and rumble


Fere nostro tempore volvere est


(It's nearly our time to roll in)


(C) 

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared from Pinterest under fair usage policy.

No comments:

Peace