. Poetry from The Great In-Between: INPERFECTUS (L)

Monday, July 8, 2024

INPERFECTUS (L)




Press play.

(A lone voice whispers)


There's an unfinished part of me 


Hidden away deep

In my compartmental zone


That sees a broken heart

Whenever I dream


Sitting all alone

On her own


Over the blue oceans 


Now that we're are apart and each one of us 


Silently cries


Lost in a world wind of painful emotions 


As strange circumstances 


Dance in a swirling frenzy 


Mirroring The Red Death like in a crazy surreal scene 


From Shakespeare's Macbeth 


But to have known her love 


To have felt it

And dwelt somewhere deep inside her 


I feel truly blessed


So here's my only message to The Almighty 


My souls alpha and omega prayer


The next time around

Bring me closer to my true love 


Just somewhere 


So we can restart 

Hand in hand 

Together 


And no longer suffer

The internal agonies

Of twin broken hearts


So we can be bound together forever


In poetry and music 

Whatever the weather


As each other 

Is finally


In the flesh 

Found


This I call to the Lord

My Almighty 


For without her love

This hard life

Is so confusing 


At that's why I pray every night


Reminiscing about those beautiful days


When I first met her

All dressed in blue


In Caesars Palace

In 1980


When she stepped into my view 


As we queued


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 

No comments:

Peace