. Poetry from The Great In-Between: אשלם

Monday, July 8, 2024

אשלם

 

(A lone voice whispers)


Every night

Before I dream


I silently command my

Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels


With a silent אשלם


(I surrender)


To take me beyond the

Black Darkness

I always see


As I close my deep brown eyes


To use their invisible hands

To tear away the dark rim


Before my ever watchful

Twin pyres


To show me

The real mysteries 


People and places

What lies truly beyond


For me

To venture into newer

Undiscovered lands


To see

The bright lights of the two suns


The quartet of multicoloured rainbows.

Illuminating a purple-hued sky


A place where no one

No longer dies


A paradise of ever swirling winds of a whispered profound love


Filled with scents of the sublime 


Perpetually

Emanating from a deep divine


Just always watching from

High up Above


A sanctuary lost forever

To many of the living


Within the forgiving reeds of time


For they lack the will to summon it so


A place to be reunited

With dear old family or friends


Who never made it to the end


To go and sit beside the ever-flowing

Holy River


And then

Watch through a silver

Scrying Mirror


As the real world

Slowly disappears


To walk through luscious

Green grass to the

Eternal City


To embrace a new realm

Free from fears

Or pity


This I beseech the Silent Dark


Before once again I am lost

For a few hours


As I reluctantly board

Morpheus's Dark Ark

Of Dreams


Filled with other

Summoners of אשלם


To then step silently into

Newly conjured

Worlds


Unseen


To travel once again

To see her


The girl of my dreams

Who always waits

For me


With crow like hair

Ruby red lips


And to die for eyes of such intense beauty


I just utter אשלם

In her presence 


By her white gatepost 

In the Great-Inbetween


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


Image shared under fair usage policy 

No comments:

Peace