. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Dance of The Lampyridae

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The Dance of The Lampyridae

Press Play.


 The Dance of The Lampyridae

We once danced like the glowing Lampyridae


Bathing in the molten heat of a new fire


While walking hand in hand 

Down loves panoramic highways


Flames of belonging and such sensuous fire 


Lit and consumed our aura's


But when the winter of our love season arrived 


With the familiar sound of jingle bells


Announcing our Oak wedding anniversary 


On that particular sunrise 

On December the fifth


That mesmerising spell broke like the mythical Sword of Elendil


And my world 

Shattered


So blue is my new season watching the midnight Lampyridae dance 


In the silvery moonlight


Like a young Gene Kelly and Rita Hayworth

As we once did


While my life slowly drifts

South


After I lost you


My world and the only thing that once mattered


Wandering lost in my mind's so many labyrinths filled with our hieroglyphs


As I stand alone on 

Death's high cliff


When I remember that first beautiful night  


We met


When our souls were ordained in God's light


 (C)

Copyright John Duffy


(Lampyridae: Firefly)

Images shared under fair usage 

No comments:

Peace