. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Will you join my Children of The Lang Nag?

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Will you join my Children of The Lang Nag?


 Press play.


Will you join my Children of The Lang Nag?


(A lone voice whispers)


Will you follow me blindly 

Into the very dark

Labyrinths of The Eternal Mind


To sneak past the Monarch of Future Past


Mankind 

And all things that last


My lonesome child

My divine one


Will you call to me

And whisper

If you're lonely 


Seeking fun


For you've always 

Known me


Veni ad me

(Come to me)


Veni ad me

(Come to me)


 Accipe me

(Take me)


And on that day 

In every way 


I'll be the first and last thing you'll see


As you walk

Neck deep 


Into my ancient

radiant still deep waters


While Mother Moon smiles as you are consumed


To join my Children of The Lang Nag


(Long Night)


In one of my many side rooms


To dance round my pagan campfires 


As my rhythmic music and a symphony of voices surrounds and regale you


With wild stories 

Of The Mawk’akuna


(The Old Ones)


For time will die and expire like a hunter's doe

In my endless forest 


As your soul 

So hungry 

I'll nourish 


So will you summon me and whisper


Veni ad me

Veni ad me


Accipe me


And enter my Midsummer's Night's Dream


Where everything dances to a new tune


My tune 


In my mythical realms

Of The Great In-Between


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 

No comments:

Peace