. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Lucy

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Lucy

 Foundation of the piece.


Mother's play such an integral, important part of a child's early life. And expands into everything else.


If you're lucky.


This piece is just a simple representation of that lasting legacy.


Did your mother leave a secret room in your heart, where she still lives?


Title:


Lucy


(A lone voice whispers)


I once held tightly

With small arms

 

A white candle that burnt with the heavenly perfume of total joy


Loved lighting and embracing its light whenever she called around


My mother

Lucy 


To my bedroom to tell me such remarkable childhood stories

Hold my hand


When I was her little boy


When Love burnt so bright

And that flame seemed to last throughout 


Every long scary night


But now that heavenly flame no longer burns


For to Heaven's Great Gates

She has returned


So here I am

In Saint Paul's


Lighting a votive candle

This Sunday


As I enter its four alabaster walls


For even though my white candle has gone out


And the long nights 

Seem so much more darker


Our deep love forever takes a more profound meaning 


Whenever I see her beautiful face 


In our favourite silver Elsa Peretti picture frame


We picked together last May 


On the twenty-first 

At Tiffany & Co


When my wife and I covered her 

In our pink and blue wedding confetti 


The first lady to love me when God sent me

To go 


Face the trials and tribulations 


That comes with living on the earthly plane


And now that deep love resonates and vibrates into oblivion 


For even though she had to depart 


She now lives forever in a secret room


In the centre of our beating hearts

Proudly smiling and watching 


Me and my Kelley


As our 

love for us

And her


Like an eternal white rose

Too Blooms


(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


No comments:

Peace