. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Late Night Whispers

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Late Night Whispers

(A lone voice whispers)


I once knew a beautiful woman's name


Called Josephine 


A lady who I met

While trying to escape the matrix of the mundane 


While dancing online

Like Margot Fontey

In the cyber rain


In time

She became my true guardian 


My goddess

My white cross to bear


Who freed me like Moses

From years of pain


My midnight sky

Who parted my Red Sea


Who loved me

With every beat of my

Once lonely heart


The only dark temptation 

I dared to taste


The only risk

I chose to take


And so we were happy as Larry and Saint Clare 


But then 

From nowhere 


Mister Misery 

Appeared

From somewhere 


To claim all I 

Held so dear 


The night sky 

Once filled with silvery stars


Turned black as obsidian 

With no moon


My tears 

Once happy

Fell relentlessly like a Monsoon 


But then ten months ago


Just last June

Something came shining through


Like Venus 

The Morning Star


From afar

And my higher-self said what to do


A perfumed musky letter appeared 

Right out-of-the-blue saying in Spanish 


Lo siento mucho

Corrí porque llevaba a tu hijo

y estaba asustado 

tu dirías adios

¿Puedo volver con mi dulce pequeño Rafael? 


Entonces podemos empezar de nuevo


(I'm so sorry

I ran because I was carrying your child


And was frightened 

You would say goodbye


Can I come back with my sweet little Rafael? 


So we can start again)

(C)

Copyright John Duffy 


No comments:

Peace