. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Wastelands of Shibboleth.

Saturday, September 14, 2024

The Wastelands of Shibboleth.

 Foundation of the piece:


Do those we lose, watch and wait?


What do you think?


Title:



The Wastelands of Shibboleth. 


(A lone voice whispers)


These nights are so long 


Now that I've crossed this dark sea with the child of Erebus


Singing

The Coming Home

Song


To a land undreamed of


But I sometimes 

Wonder 


Do you still miss me

My only love


Now that we're both free


For I'll still love you 

As long as The Hurrian Hymn is played 


Even as long 

As heartfelt prayers are made


To the peaks of the highest snow-covered mountains 


And into the deep depths

Of Agartha 

Hidden Fountains


My soul may be unreachable


And out of sight

Every night


Brought about by our Lord and Grace


By always remember 

I'm here


Just waiting in a pristine white room

In a unique place


Where 

Through my obsidian scrying glass


I can still see 

Your beautiful face


By sun and moon

Rain or shine


Fire or candlelight


To love you

Is all I now have 


To carry me through these endless nights


In these Barren Lands


To remind me

You were once mine


An even though

I've taken my last breath


When Deaths Messenger

Charon called


I'll still love you through all the tragedies


As 

Thane of Glamis

Loved his Lady Macbeth 


For sometimes faith in love 

Is all you can use


When you have nothing left 

To lose


So when God

Bade me take my last breath


With a wave of his hand

Like Nero of Rome


So I could hear the child of Erebus


Singing

The Coming Home

Song



I made his messenger

Titan promise


I shall see you better

Even after death


When you join me here

In Shibboleth


The Wastelands 


Filled with those

No longer wearing flesh 


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy.


Music shared through Cap Cut

No comments:

Peace