. Poetry from The Great In-Between: Dreams of Cassiopeia

Monday, August 14, 2023

Dreams of Cassiopeia

 (A random voice whispers.)





Now I 


Argento

The Third


Sing loudly

Of a new second freedom


A place where my soul 

Shall soar 


Into a new glorious bright kingdom


Purged to ascend 


To float past all those who

Still descend


Those tainted still by


Pride

Wrath

Envy


Greed


Lust

Gluttony and Sloth


7 things you need

To make the soul cry


But tonight

I rise


Rise like grey swirling smoke

No longer grimace and choke


For after spending

6000 years


Sat on this hard rock

Watching the yellow sunrise


With a desperation 

I deeply despise


For now, I've now found salvation


The Crow Queen

From Nesashabth


Has been 

And invited me

To serve as her Mage


In her incredible marble halls

Of The Great In-Between


Who am I to say no


I might see Nebuchadrezzar

Under that new sky


For a newfound faith can purge even me


A once-broken soul


Who flickered and died

Like a shooting star


So here I go

Be seeing you


Who knows

Maybe you to will be purged

And allowed to follow


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy. 

No comments:

The Calling