. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Wastelands. Shibboleth.

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

The Wastelands. Shibboleth.


(A lone voice whispers.)


These nights are long 

Now that I've crossed this dark sea


But I sometimes 

Wonder 


Do you still miss me

My only love


Now that we're both free


For I'll still love you 

As long as The Hurrian Hymn is played   


Even as long 

As heartfelt prayers are made


To the peaks of the highest mountains 


And into the deep depths

Of Agartha 

Hidden Fountains


My soul may be out of reach

And out of sight


Every night


Brought about by our Lord and Grace


By always remember 

I'm here


Just waiting in a pristine room

In a unique place


Where 

Through my Scrying glass


I can still see 

Your beautiful face


By sun and moon

Rain or shine


Fire or candlelight


For to love you

Is all I now have 


To carry me through These endless nights

In these Barren Lands


To remind me

You were once mine


An even though

I've taken my last breath

When Deaths  Messenger called


I'll still love you through all tragedies


As 

Thane of Glamis

Loved his Lady Macbeth 


For sometimes faith in love 

Is all you can use


When you have nothing left 

To lose


So when God

Bade me take my last breath

With a wave of his hand


I made his messenger

Titan 

Promise


I shall see you better

Even after death


When you join me here

In Shibboleth

The Wastelands 


Filled those

No longer wearing flesh 


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest. 

No comments:

The Calling