. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The City called Forgiveness

Monday, September 2, 2024

The City called Forgiveness


(A lone voice whispers)


In the deepest of silence

Each night


I walk into my own created Maelstrom


Like a brave Wyatt Earp on Fremont Street


As memories of you return as my tired heart still beats


With a slight shiver running like a young Usain Bolt

Up and down my weary spine


The air always fills with that so familiar pulsating scent


Of CHANEL N°5


As I feel your old presence 

And visually embrace 


All those lingering thoughts and images 


Which come alive

Of everywhere

We once went


Like to Malibu 

Spain or France


And when I look into our old bathroom mirror


I can still see familiar dark eyes looking back

Asking me to dance


Which carries your sweet smile

One heaven sent 


But when those loving  sensations slowly fade


And life winds

Once more blows


More pain 

My way

Like a wild hurricane 


Just know

My crow-haired twin

In my Eternal White Room


I carry you 

Deep inside

Wherever I go


For your husky voice

Always 


Always

Rides and rules

My internal highways 


Like a reborn Gail in a

New Sin City


A place I call now

Forgiveness


When doubt calls

And I feel guilty


(C)

Copyright John Duffy


Image shared under fair usage policy via Pinterest.

No comments:

Peace