. Poetry from The Great In-Between: The Midnight Visitor. Underneath the Crying Moon.

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Midnight Visitor. Underneath the Crying Moon.

 (A lone voice whispers)


I stood over her luscious form

Bathed by the cool glare of the Crying moon as 


The Ancient Mother pretended to sleep but watched as she slept


Listened to her slow breathing and


Watched her twin mountains

Rise and fall underneath her white silken sheets


I knew

She did not know that I was there


For

She slept so innocently and soundly


That mysterious lover of mine

With the long crow black hair


Slowly I eased back the silken modesty protector


Gorged my hungry eyes on her sensual body

And witnessed once more


How

She was so beautiful under Mother Moon

The Ancient One


As she laid bathed in the pastel moonlight


Naked as the day she was born

And stepped into the light


I knew why I waited so long

To touch her


Fear she’d run

But courage was with me that night


Tentatively

I leaned over her majestic mountain peaks


And ran my soft tongue across her luscious lips

For a sweet taste of her soul


Her eyes

Even though closed


Fluttered and she muttered something so low 

It was hardly audible


It was then

I knew

In that instant


I could cross

The hidden boundaries between us


From my world to hers in the physical 


Because tonight everything was metaphysical


For with Mother Moons pagan blessings

Anything now was possible


I reached down and drew a heart shape

Upon her soft cheek


 Then bent low and introduced

 My luscious lips


To her mountain peaks as

Her breathing increased in tempo


I knew what I had to do


Before

The Ancient One

Bade me go 


I ran my hard fingertips from the soft nape


Of her seductive neck to her ankle and back again and


As a faint aroma of

Almonds

Appeared from nowhere


As I looked down at her

My living breathing book


Filled with so many

Stories music and poetry


I silently thanked the Almighty

For answering all my nightly prayers


Running my tongue over my lips

As lightly as I could


I tasted ambrosia

So delicious


It made me feel so

Eager and amorous


I kept my eyes upon her face

My warrior princess with the long crow black hair


As I trailed my index finger as light as a feather across her hips


A groan of pleasure escaped her throat and crimson red lips


I marked her forehead in the sign of the cross

With wax from my white candle

I always carry


The Joining of Spirits potion

Given to me by Her


Who lives in a mysterious hut

Hidden from all


But the true seekers

Across the Pacific’s many deep oceans


I smiled in the darkness of the room 

As I knew when she awoke


I would be with her forevermore

No longer dreaming for this is now real


I reached down and held her hand and

Drew


The sign of the cross in wax

On her soft skin


As I kissed her hard


I tasted sweet heaven and knowing that my Mark connected us deeper still


I knew she would always return

To me


In the longing hours

Even going against her own will


I watched her breathe me in deeply

As I seduced her mouth and

With a deep sigh


She started to cry

Don’t go 


She whispered in my ear as

Her eyes suddenly opened


But Mother Moon had called me home

From that bedroom



And all I could do was savor Her taste

Her ambrosia


Knowing I would return and all

Her curves and desires


I will be granted the time I

Need

To truly consume


That was yesterday

I just left her with a simple line


I WILL RETURN


Copyright John Duffy 


No comments:

The Oracle of Necromanteion